Monday, September 24, 2007

Scaring the straights...

I enjoy my non-conformity, more than enjoy really, more like rally behind my non-conformity. I listen to obscure music, enjoy obscure books, and play obscure games.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth.
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

The Road Not Taken -= Robert Frost=-

Really its Domo-kun posting all the Frost, look I got a picture to prove it! It proves that large furry things really know their lit. Anyways, Domo-kun pointed out the similarities of my life with Frost's poem. I'd say that I agree, if everyone goes right, I'm going left. Its tough to be so out there. I admit sometimes there is weakness in me, sometimes I want to conform just to make people shut up. If you hear me listening to some obscure song, by all means ask what it is. I got no problem with that, its when they ask something like that and then give the look of "ah thats wierd". It gets really old. Really Really Really old. I guess being cut off from the few that really understand me in this world and stuck dealing with the "straights" is dragging on my soul. I'd love to talk to someone about Warcraft or Dune or hell just plain old Star Wars would be great to talk about. I crave geek interaction I guess. Thank goodness for the Love of my life and my Brother for having somebody to talk geek to when I needed it most. Speaking of which, the Bro just dropped me a line informing of Halo 3's release on teh east coast. Lucky bastards getting to play! I won't get to finish the fight until the end of October, the level of blowing on that is off the blow-o-meter. I want me some Halo deathmatch, that would calm the shakes.






Domo was nice enough to get up and get a bit of breakie going this morning for me. I did get out and get some new pics taken for you guys.

Thats me sitting in the giant APC (I think its a Tahoe) chevy gave us to run around in, the thing is freaking huge. We stopped at 7/11, I am not amused. I did grab the following pic of Downtown Dallas as viewed from the Apts.
And yeah, I'm really tired. Worked from 8 to about 10:30ish Dallas time so 9-11:30 normal people time. I post some more tomorrow of course. This is really helping me from feeling so alone. Thanks everybody.
Quote of the Post: "Its been the worst day since yesterday."
MADNESS Level: 11.2
Dallas day: 4

3 comments:

EpcotServo said...

Monday Monkey lives for the weekend.

Hang in there!

Dad said...

You know, I get the same "that's odd!" reaction and feel a similar feeling of "why'd you intrude if you don't get me" after a sharing moment. Don't ask, don't tell. Move along, this isn't the human you were looking for. Like they say about our favorite MST3K writings...'the right ones will get it'. I am the 3 foot rule poster child, I get the socially disfunctional aspect and perhaps revel too much in it, wearing it like a cloak, a warm familiar covering of protection and comfort from intrusion. Sometimes, when I'm in a wistful mood I wonder what it would be like to be normal, but then I quickly snap out of it, realizing that way lies normalcy, and for me and mine, it is the road less traveled that best suits.

Alexandra said...

hm.. I'm beginning to feel as though perhaps your Dad should hang out with us when you come back... haha.