Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Work is wierd...

I wonder while I sit amongst my various projects, if that when work was first conceived if it felt pretty much as it does now? I believe I'm focused here on the wrong angle of work, what I meant to say is the concept of employment. Did the first caveman that worked for another caveman like is job? Did he get paid in rocks? Did he have casual fridays? I wonder how many people really enjoy there job? I must be having second thoughts about leaving the employ of the Disney. I always thought I was going to be a lifer, but in the end I needed money and not to be managed by a bunch of suck up ass hats. It was the right choice to make, my new job is with a good company that does good works and is run by smart people. This is the perks of working for a small business with global aspirations. I must be having trouble dealing with not working for a house hold name or maybe that for my entire childhood all I wanted to do was work for Disney. While my peers wanted to be firemen and doctors I wanted to work at Horizons. Thats it, the root of why I feel apprehensive about my new employ. Its tough when your dream is to work a dead end, next to nothing pay job at a theme park attraction that doesn't exist. I know what your thinking "Why not become an imagineer?" Firstly, I don't have the capital to be able to do 6 years in school for a job that can be laid off at anytime and secondly they barely ever hire Imagineers now. The biggest "if only" is "If only Disney treated there cast members better, instead of treating them like disposable robots." Aye, thats the rub! I wanted to work for them but I feel like they wouldn't let me. Hopefully I'll be able to work for Disney again, with a real job with real hours, and real pay. I'm not going to hold my breath. Thats more than enough of that rant. Just thinking about it gets me all depressed.

On a lighter note, picked up Mushishi volume 2 (anime) last night. I haven't gotten a chance to read volume 2 of the manga, so I'm looking forward to seeing something brand new. Still no Eureka or Haruhi. Grr. Also no Halo actionclixs or Jam Sessions. I was able to get Fry and Zoidberg last night which was bonus. Fry comes with a bunch of accessories, a holophoner, a awesome raygun thing, some sardines, and a can of Slurm! His articulation is also more than I expected, all in all a good figure. Zoidberg so far is the best looking figure, I just wish he would have come with more accessories than just his stethoscope. I would have like to seen him come with the box that contains Universe A, a head fin so you could make him look its mating season, a his cardboard business card. Universe A Zoidberg and regular Zoidberg look great together. Each figure comes with a piece of the Robot Devil which is going to make an awesome figure, must collect them all! Well I think thats enough jibber jabber for today (Foo!).

Quote of the post: "Howl Zabimaru!"

No comments: